I love to read! I'm an only child and a book nerd so most of my summers as a child were spent reading. I love books that keep me guessing and dreaming; thrillers, mysteries, and fantasies are my favorites. As an entrepreneur I also have the need to learn as much as I can about running a business. I am an artist at heart so the creative side of my business comes much more naturally than the numbers side and thankfully people have written books to help.
Now that I'm at a new point in my business I've dug out some books to re read and see if I can gain anything new from them.
If you read lots or have an ever growing list of books you want to read I'd recommend Goodreads (I use the app version) to keep track.
I would also HIGHLY recommend that you look and see if your library offers free audio and ebooks. Mine has an app that makes it super easy and you don't have to go to the library to get them. I listen to soooooo many audiobooks while I'm working, this has been a huge money saver!
- Genuine Fraud by by E. Lockhart- Quick read (I finished it in a day). Read if you're a fan of Gone Girl type books (spoiler: this one isn't quite as thrilling).
- Damned by Chuck Palahniuk- he might not be for the faint of heart or ears but I love Chuck Palahniuk! I'm on a waitlist for his new book and realized that there were some older ones I hadn't read yet. Read if you aren't easily offended and liked Dogma.
- Broken Harbor (Dublin Murder Squad, #4) by Tana French- The first book in the series has been my favorite so far. Read if you're a fan of European crime dramas.
- PUSH by Chalene Johnson- I'm re reading this one but I think it's great to pull out every few years. You tackle a chapter each day for 30 days to help get your life and fitness goals laid out and put in motion. Read if you need help organizing and achieving your goals.
- Profiting by Design (A Jewelry Maker's Guide to Business Success) by Marlene Richey- I read this one when I graduated from college. I'm reading it again hoping I can more take aways from it. Read if you're interested in or have started a jewelry business.
What have you read this month? Any book recommendations for me?